The Shed Count
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 2013

3 posters

Go down

February 2013 Empty February 2013

Post  justinvarnes Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 am

February Hours: 44
2013 Hours: 89

On one hand, I'm very happy with my hours. I've been spending a lot of quality time on the kit and I'm seeing some real progress. The theme for this year is: PRACTICE EVERY DAY. And that has made all the difference.

On the other hand, I've come to the realization that I'm too scattered in my routine. That's because I have too much to cover and I'm skipping around too much and can't make serious progress on one thing. That can be ok, but I'm looking for different results.

So I decided to use our monthly check ins as a way to mark my goals. I'm going to pick a few (1 or 2) goals and hammer away at them all month long. Then when April shows up, I'll switch it up.

Good luck, Perez's'seszzzzzz afro

justinvarnes
justinvarnes
Admin

https://theshedcount.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

February 2013 Empty February 2013

Post  Anthony Perez Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Feb total = 53 1/2 hours
Total = 74 hours

So getting back to the shed. Starting to get my momentum back but got a ways to go. I'm so ready to be done with the school thing! I'm basically focusing on a Pattituci transcription I just finished and a Coltrane solo I'm doing this week for my improve class. I'm shedding improve material for improve class and classical etudes along with my semester songs for my private lessons. I'm also writing and arranging music for my recital in April. I'm pretty overwelmed but in a good way. I'm learning to take a deep breath and tackle one thing at a time with whatever time I have available. affraid My practice hours are on an up-swing now that my thesis is over and once school is done, I'll be in a good place to really log in those hours. Well good luck to you guys. Smile
Anthony Perez
Anthony Perez

Back to top Go down

February 2013 Empty Re: February 2013

Post  Oscar Perez Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Damn bros!

Good job!

I got in 54.5 hours in Feb and my total hours are at 123 hours for the year...

The Charlie Banacos stuff takes up the most time but i think it's a long term benefit. I need to do more transcription and taping myself...

Not horrific but could/should be a lot better.

Its been up and down hours wise although i must say that the fact that i shed every single day is really the difference. I think Ive only missed 3 or 4 days the entire year. I do weekly sessions and hit this local jam session near my house at least every other week. So i feel pretty good.

Lets have a good March you bastards.

OP
Oscar Perez
Oscar Perez
Admin

Location : A planet where everyone does nothing but eat, sleep, shed and watch Dexter

Back to top Go down

February 2013 Empty Re: February 2013

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down